WATCH OUR NEW VIDEO
6 LIVE STREAMING TIPS & TRICKS
- PREPARE: Prepare for your show:
- Brainstorm topics
- Use checklists/ show run downs, dot pints etc
- Get clear on the type of content you’re going to stream about. What will you talk about, and why is it relevant to your audience?
- Inform quests on topics, let guests know all details
- Plan location, lighting, what equipment to use, gather resources.
- Do not wing it.
- TEST: Test Your Equipment
- It’s a good idea to test all of the technical aspects of your stream. This can be everything from your internet speed, through to the sound quality of your microphone.
- Test cameras, microphones, internet speed, connection
- Do a test stream in advance to make sure everything is working
- Get ahead of anything that can go wrong!
- Have a backup plan if things do not work out\
- Create a live stream event prior to the event,
- making the thumbnails, descriptions, tags etc everything ready
- this is so you can share your live video with your audience before you go live, so you can reach more people
- Share in relevant facebook groups
- Promote on social media
- It’s better to have everything ready, as opposed to rushing just before you go live!
- DEVELOP A CONSISTENT SCHEDULE OF STREAMING
- TIPS WHILE YOU ARE LIVE:
- Start immediately, do not wait for viewers to come up, as this will be awkward for the replay viewers, get to the point.
- Be authentic, be yourself, don’t play a character, just be yourself
- Stick to that show run down, stay on track, don’t go off track
- Read comments, interact with your community, there’s no point doing a stream and not interacting with viewers.
- Get to the point, don’t drag on specific topics for too long, viewers will get bored, get to the point of your content and move on.
- If you get troll comments, haters, or negative comments, just ignore, delete and move on.
- Use call to actions like “don’t forget to like and subscribe” or “don’t forget to donate” this will remind viewers, so they can come back and enjoy more of your content
- AFTER THE SHOW
- Promote the replay after your show
- Repurpose your live video into other content (for example, if you have a specific section of your show where you talk about tech, you can then repurpose this into a tech video.)
- You can edit parts out of the stream if they were not interesting,
- YT, FB have these features to trimout sections of the video.
6: BONUS TIP:
- If you stream on random days viewers won’t come back, if you stream each week, or each month, on the same days and the same times, viewers will thank you, viewers will have an expectation that you’ll be live, hence they will literally wait on your page for the live feed to appear.