A number of COVID-19 restrictions across NSW will be eased as the state continues to move forward in a COVID-Safe way.
From 12:01am Monday 29 March, the following will apply:
- no caps on weddings and funerals
- no restrictions on singing including in places of worship
- no restriction on dancing including at weddings and in pubs and nightclubs
- no cap on visitors in the home (if there are more than 100 people there must be a COVID-19 Safety plan and electronic recording of visitor details)
- 200 people allowed for personal outdoor public gatherings
- all venues to move to the one person per 2sqm rule (venues will be allowed at least 25 people before the 2sqm rule applies)
- 100% seated capacity at entertainment venues including stadiums and theatres
- mask use including on public transport will move from ‘mandatory’ to ‘strongly recommended’.
Businesses and other organisations must continue to ensure they keep accurate records of all attendances, including through QR Codes, to enable fast contact tracing in the event of any community transmission.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the easing of restrictions is a significant step forward as NSW continues its COVID-19 recovery.
Learn more information on COVID-19.
Stay up to date on latest news and announcements.